Monday, September 17, 2007

Here are some excerpts from Sister Abbott's email on 9/11/07.

"I'M STAYING IN HARRISONBURG!!!!!!! Not only did I survive my first transfer, but I get to stay in H-Burg!!!! I can't even tell you how excited I am! The only sad part about transfers is that Sis. Thomas is leaving. :( I am really sad, but excited about the change. This will truly be an adventure. She is going all the way to the other side of the mission, so I won't see her unless one of us gets transfered before she goes home in Feb. I have really begun to feel like she is my mom, so it's really hard to see her go. In so many ways, she is the missionary that I hope to be. But I figured we are far too alike to stay together for too long. Oh well, change is good right...Who moved my cheese?!......

Next... good luck with the wedding. Thursday is officially marked in my calendar as "Chicken Stuffing night". I didn't realize how homesick I would feel this week, but I keep pressing forward. I figure I'll have a decent cry on Sat. and move on. Sis. Bergren promised that we can eat a bowl of ice cream and rock out to EFY music......

Oh, before I forget, my new companion's name is Sis. Moldenhauer. I don't know if that's how it's spelled, but she is coming up here and both she and Sis. Bergren are going to be the Sr. Companions. I'm excited but a little apprehensive. Trios are either really good or really trying. I'm hoping this is another case of the former.

This week was a little crazy. Instead of a normal transfer week... Transfer calls on Monday, P-day on Tuesday, and Transfers on Wed. We had transfer calls on Saturday, P-day on Monday, a mission conference this morning where Elder Dunn of the 70 spoke to us, and transfers tomorrow. It's very weird. They cut an hour off of p-day yesterday and told us to e-mail today. Sis. Thomas says this is very weird, but when does missionary work actually work out the way it's "supposed to". I wonder when we will finally catch the idea that this is the Lord's work...not ours!"

No comments: