Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Wrong address... 11/6/07

So I didn't realize until I got Jessie's e-mail that I mistyped the address. It's 312 TraVis Dr. I'm sorry. But that explains why I haven't gotten any mail this week. I was starting to be a little upset. just kidding.

I have to admit that I have been a little lax this week on my daily miracles. They are happening, but I am a little overwhelmed right now and haven't been documenting them. But ironically, I've been doing better at journaling.

I love North Carolina! Elizabeth City is right on a river, and it is soooo beautiful! I'll have to get some pictures and send them! The other day we were tracting, and we went to this one house. The man had a bunch of NC TarHeel stuff. I saw something that said, "This is Tar Heel country". I thought...that's NC! And then I realized that I am in NC! It still hasn't totally sunk in that I'm not in VA anymore. I keep asking people what brought them to VA. It will probably sink in about a week before I go back to VA.

We had a cool experience on Sat. Sis. Hummel has celiac (sp) disease, which means that she can't eat Glutin. So we have to go in for one meal a day, and we live in the boonies, so it can sometimes be a slight disadvantage. But we decided to visit some less active sisters in the nursing home right by where we live. As we were leaving, I asked Sis. Hummel if they had ever given a pass along card to the secretary at the front. She looked surprized, and said no. I walked over to the woman and before I could say anything, I noticed that she had her Bible out. I asked about where she was reading...the Beatitudes. I gave her a Book of Mormon and showed her where Christ taught the people in the Americas the same principles. She was very excited and very interrested. We are meeting with her tomorrow! It's going to be great!

I'm glad that all is going well. Mom...take it easy! Don't be in a wheelchair when I get home, ok? I was needing to ask a couple things... 1) I need to know when Aunt Marilyn served, who her mission president was, and her maiden name. There is a less active man who served in that mission and this might be a way to get in to meet with his family. 2) What exactly is Meg's nerve disease? There is a woman in the ward who was recently diagnosed with MS, but she is going for a second oppinion. What meds does Meg take for it?

I am feeling very rushed today, but I'm not sure why.

I think I mentioned it last week, but we are living with a family in the ward. They are great! We are excited to help them decorate for Christmas on Dec. 4. We get to have a real Christmas, not a fake picture of a tree Christmas. It's going to be great! And we only have to survive one transfer to be here on Christmas.

I suppose that's all...I might write more if I think of anything.

Love, Sister Abbott

No comments: