Hey Ya'll!!!
This week was awesome! We are getting a little excited because transfers are next week! I love transfers! It is a little nerve racking, and makes shopping today a little crazy, but I love it!
I am also so excited because it is my golden birthday this Friday (turning 22 on the 22nd!)!! This is not a plead for B-day wishes...I am just soooooo excited to be spending my Golden B-day on the mission! How awesome is that?! The Whitehursts have said that they want me to come to a party at their house, but we will see. Whatever we do...I'm sure I'll tell you all about it next week. I'll even try to attach some pics!
The work is moving forward great here in EC!! We had a lesson with an active family last week and committed them to invite someone to be taught in their home. We had a follow up appointment set for tonight, but they called on Sunday asking if that could be switched to a teaching appointment. They had called their friend and invited him to come hear what the missionaries had to say. We are pretty stoked about this awesome night!!!! This is the Lord's way to do missionary work! President Hinkley said it and I am so grateful to be seeing the outcome here in EC!!! Life doesn't get much better than this! Have I told you all that I LOVE being a missionary?!?! Because I DO!!!!!
It is sooooo amazing to be a part of the Lord's work on the earth! We had the stake conference broadcast last Sunday. We were able to hear from Elder Wood of the 70, Sister Tanner, Elder Nelson, and President Uchtdorf! It was phenomenal!!! Elder Wood pointed out that the sign of the times is not the destruction or the calamities...it is the Restoration of the Gospel and its dispersion throughout the world!!! How amazing is that?! We get to participate full time in the true sign of the times!! What a marvelous work and a wonder! I love the Lord! I love his children! I love being a missionary! And I LOVE this gospel!
I hope ya'll have a great week!!
Love,
Sister Abbott
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment