Tuesday, April 8, 2008

The Blessings are abounding!!!!!

Hello Ya'll!!!!!

Well this last week was quite possibly the best in the mission!!!! Last Thursday we had a baptism and confirmation (Jordan Sawyer-18). After the baptism, we had a lesson with a man who was referred by a member. They cooked us the most amazing dinner of my life! We each had a t-bone stake, baked potato, salad, carrots, and shrimp!!! :) Then on Friday, we had district meeting. I got to do a training on setting goals and making plans. I learned a lot, I hope they did. After the meeting we got to go on exchanges with Sis. Hummel and Sis. Sowards! It was amazing! I am so jealous that the elders get to go all the time! I was with Sis. Sowards and she is an AMAZING missionary!! Anyway, then on Saturday we had Sabrina Bonneau's baptism and confirmation! And then conference!!!! Conference was sooooo amazing! Stacy and Gabe came to the baptism and the first session of conference! Stacy who has had some concerns the last few weeks, was so glad she came. After conference, she turned to us and asked, "which one of you called them and told them what they needed to speak on?" She had concerns answered that we weren't even aware of! I know that the Lord leads and guides this church! No one else could perform the miracles I see daily! Sunday was amazing as well! We had conference and a few appointments! I love being a missionary!!!!

We also had a bomb digity transfer call last night! Going against popular belief....I AM STAYING IN ELIZABETH CITY!!!!!!! I think the only one who thought it would happen was Sis. Moss! I am soooooooo excited!! We just had 2 baptisms and confirmations and within the next transfer, we will be having 4 more!! The blessings are everywhere!!! I love it! I am so excited to stay with Sis. Moss! She is amazing and I am glad I get to finish training her! It has been fun to counsel together now that she has her footing! She is a great missionary and I am learning so much from her.

So with conference...what did ya'll think of Elder Bednar's talk?! Wasn't it AMAZING?! So here's the question... who are you going to invite to be taught in our home? Elder Bluemel pointed out to us a while ago that we were not set apart as door knockers! I love that concept! I am so grateful for the inspired words of an Apostle that validates what we have been working towards out here!

Well, I just got an e-mail from mom, so I will go write to her! I love you all! Enjoy the pics! :)

Love,
Sister Abbott





No comments: