Well, Thanksgiving was great! During comp study, Sis. Phillips made a comment about building a fort. I don't think she expected me to take her seriously. I figured, if Elders could play football, we could build a fort! So we did!! And we did weekly planning inside our fort! Then after planning, Sis. Phillips made some visual aids while I made some peanut butter fudge and veggie dip. We snacked a little and then got ready to go to the Schoppaul's. We ended up only eating their and just dropping by the other two houses. It was fun. I tried Sweet potatoes for the first time ever. It was great! Oh, speaking of new experiences...we were at an appointment earlier today and this woman offered us some pickled bologna! It was...an experience. I thought Sis.Phillips was going to vomit! She didn't try it. She's not one for meat...let alone pickled pig parts! Like I said, it was an experience. When she wasn't looking, the dog got most of it. I am proud to say that is the first time I've turned to the dogs on my mission.
Anyway, Thanksgiving was good. When we got home we watched Labor of Love...and laughed so hard! Then we planned and went to bed. It was a good day. I'll try to attach pictures next week. The computer is being silly.
Last night we had a couple investigators at the Relief Society Enrichment night. The hightlight of the night was definately when the Enrichment Counslor announced the game-- it was one Sis. Phillips and I had played with her and her family at a family home evening last week. Do you remember the m&m dice game?! Well, that was it! So we had all the women in the ward at their tables playing. I took a picture for proof! We had a bunch of women asking us when we were going to teach the Priesthood! All and all, it was a lot of fun!
Well, I'm about to get kicked off again! I hope you all have a great week! Remember as you are going about preparing for Christmas how blessed we are to have the Restored Gospel on the earth today to help us truly understand Christ's Atoning sacrifice for us! After you think about that for a minute, think of who you know who doesn't know that! What are you going to do about it?!
I love this gospel!
Love,
Sister Abbott
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment