Here are a few segments of Katie's last letters:
Wednesday, July 11th
"Things here are great! There are 4 other sisters in my zone. Sisters Bangeter, Taylor, Stevens and Henry. Sister B is a little strange, but I've decided to love her, so I'm sure it'll be fine."
"The Spirit is great here! We had a district testimony meeting tonight and it was awesome. I know this is where I'm suppose to be!"
"Isn't this fantastic!! Pres. Brown is my branch Pres. I was designated as the senior comp. We will switch next week."
"Peace out, cub scouts!!"
Saturday, July 14th
"Sisters can play basketball with the Elders! Sisters just have to guard each other. Sisters can't play soccer though."
"... we get to go to the Mt. Timpanogas Temple next week! Isn't that awesome? So I get to go twice while I'm here!
I love you all! Keep writing! I need the support! Even though I can't write often my prayers are with you."
To Dad:
"The MTC is GREAT! The days are long, and the work is trying, but 'I knew what it was when I picked it up!'
What a blessing to be one of the Lord's servants! How great is God! He gives us EVERYTHING we have and when we try to repay Him he blesses us 100 fold! It is AMAZING! Thank you for teaching me the importance of the scriptures! I have thought... what if for family study the whole family reads/studies a chapter from Preach My Gospel once a week. Then what great insightful letters we can exchange! I love this gospel! I'm so grateful that we as a family can live with God again! I love you! Keep writing!"
To Mom:
"Hello! I am doing so well! The days are long and hard, but anytime I find myself discouraged, I feel the Spirit pull me up by the boot straps and send me on y way! The Spirit is SO strong. One of my teachers said he feels the Spirit more at the MTC than at the Temple. At first I thought that couldn't be true, but really, the Spirit of the Lord is in EVERYTHING we do here. And we aren't saving souls that have passed, we are preparing to be the Instument that God uses to save not only souls but families! I know I've only been here 3 days, but it has already been the bexst and most trying 3 days of my life. In my journal on Thursday I wrote: "Today has been the longest week of my life!" That is pretty descriptive of how it feels here. Days seem like weeks, but apparently weeks seem like days! We will see if that is how it goes.
I can't wait to go to Virginia. I know that every little thing I am learning is helping me prepare to touch souls and change lives. I love you and I know that as I strive to do the will of my Savior, that I will make you proud."
To the Bowmans:
"Can I hear you say hey? Hey!
Can I hear you say ho? Ho!
Can I hear you say who who? Who who!
Jayne's cool!
Katie's rad!
And Rachel rocks the house!!!"
I just loved how she ended it:
"Forevermore, Sister Abbott (while I am on my mission)!"
Wednesday, July 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good words.
Post a Comment