Wednesday, July 11, 2007

She's officially in the MTC!

Sister Abbott entered the MTC today at 11:30am. She was pumped up and ready to go. My mom said she looked stunning! (I will post pictures when they return from Utah.)
Her release date from the MTC is JULY 31st. That is earlier than we thought.
ALL LETTERS NEED TO BE RECEIVED AT THE MTC BY JULY 30TH!!!
After that just send letters to the address listed in the previous post.

Funny story... Jayne and Rachel said good-bye this morning on the phone. We had told Jayne that once Katie was a missionary she could only call on Christmas or Mother's Day. After Jayne hung the phone up she asked, "So mom, today's Christmas???!!!!" I told her no. "Mother's Day???". I explained that after today she could only call on Christmas or Mother's Day.

Later my parents called to tell us how the experience in the MTC went. When I got off the phone Jayne wanted to know what was going on. I told her Katie was officially a missionary in the MTC with her name tag and everything. Jayne asked, "What does her name tag say?" I said, "Sister Abbott: The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints". She said, "Forevermore I shall call her 'Sister Abbott' while she is on her mission!"
The next 18 months are going to be interesting!

2 comments:

IronLawGirl said...

How funny, you're girls are so cute. And Katie is going to be one of the most amazing missionaries in the history of missionaries being amazing. :-)

Holly said...

Jayne is a very smart little girl. I look forward to more funny stories.