Well Ya'll...I can't believe that 2007 ends tonight!! What a glorious year it has been! I find it very strange to think that I spend half of 2007 at home and half on my mission! Crazy! But I have been so blessed this year!
I am excited for the new year to begin and I only wish that I could say that I will spend all of 2008 on my mission!...but sadly, I'll be home before 2008 is over. Ahhh...enough of that!
I am so grateful to be a missionary! Life as a missionary is amazing! We just had 4 baptisms on Saturday and 4 confirmations on Sunday! And the work keeps rolling forward! We are working with 2 solid investigators who are praying about a baptismal date!! I am so excited to be serving the Lord in this amazing cause! I know that this is His work and I am humbled daily by the small part that He has asked me to play!
Well, it wouldn't be a new year without new goals. And as a missionary, we are very goal oriented. I have been thinking a lot about what I could do to invite ya'll to help in the missionary efforts! There have been a lot of little tasks that I have considered challenging ya'll to, but the fact of the matter is that the missionary work you have to do is between you and the Lord. I am not going to pretend to have stewardship over you or your areas wherever they may be, but I do want you to know that I know that through prayer each of you can determine what efforts will move the work forward where you are. So...
Will each of you pray to receive inspiration about what you can do individually this year to help bring a family into the gospel?
I promise you that as you pray, that God will answer your prayers and give you the inspiration needed to help bring a family into the gospel! I know that this is true because I have seen it first hand. I love the promise that the Lord makes in Jeremiah 16:16-17. After He declares that He will send many hunters and fishers of men, He reaffirms to us that he knows all and He knows which of His children are ready to hear the gospel. I know that God is mindful of us. I feel that everyday! I know that as you strive to aid the Lord in this work that you will feel His love more in your lives. He promises that he will be with us as we preach His gospel (Matt. 28:19-20).
I love this Gospel!!! And I am so grateful to be a member of Jesus Christ's church on the earth today! What a priviledge and and honor...but also, what an intense responsibility! I pray that you will all strive to accept this challenge. And like the good missionary I am striving to be, I will be following up on January 15, 2008. That gives you 2 weeks and 1 day to determine your goal with the Lord. I would love to hear about that goal. :)
I hope that this letter finds you happy and healthy! I feel your prayers and love you dearly!
Love,
Sister Abbott
Monday, December 31, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment