Well, it has been a great week! I love being a missionary!!! We've had some struggles, but nothing earth-shattering. Kai is continuing to be amazing!!! He is so great! He reads EVERYTHING we leave with him! And he has been reading the Priesthood manual...he's to Chapter 14! I just love him so much! We were in a lesson with him last Friday and he started to explain to us how he knows that once he is baptized, it is up to him to make sure he is a part of the ward because we have to move on to find others who are searching!!! And then when we taught him about Tithing and Fast Offerings, he pretty much taught himself!!! He is just soooooo great!!! With all of the horrible things happening in the world, it is so good to see that there are still individuals who sincerely have a desire to follow the commandments of God! I think the greatest lessons I've learned on my mission, I've learned from those I have been teaching and my mission companions! They have all been instruments in the hand of God to help me to learn what He wanted me to learn! I love being a missionary!!!
I am almost out of time, but I want you all to know how much I have loved my mission! When I first started, I never thought it would ever end! And now I can't believe that it is coming to a close! I have 1 week left! That is it! It is like knowing the exact moment you are going to die! President Monson once said that the longer you are alive, the shorter you realize life is. That is so true of the mission! The longer I have been out, the shorter this experience seems! It is as if I could blink and be back in Harrisonburg, 18 months ago! Wow...I love it! I am grateful to have had the experiences I have! I'm so excited for mom and dad to come and pick me up! Nothing could make this experience sweeter than to get to conclude it with them! I love it so much! I just love these people. I love VA! I love WV! I love NC! I just love it all!!!
Love,
Sister Abbott
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment