Wednesday, January 14, 2009

12 O'Clock and All's well!

Well, this has been a good week. We had some great success, but still struggling to find the elect. They are here...I can feel it, but we just haven't found them all yet. I suppose I'm getting into hurry mode. It's like on CatchPhrase...you know how the closer it gets to the end, the faster the beeps happen...that is me!!! Not long ago, President likened our mission to one day. For the Elders it was easy to figure out what time it was because one month equals an hour. But for sisters, the calculations are a little different. Anyway, I did them all and have been charting what time of day it is for me. Short story long...last Sunday was midnight! I hit my 18 month mark! And now I'm out past curfew!

Anyway, things are progressing really well with some of our investigators. But we just found out that the man who was set for the 27th isn't living with his sister, it is just a friend... so we have to wait for him to find his own place before he can get baptized. I'm not worried, this will actually help him to have more time to get integrated into the ward.

I won't write much this week, but I thought you might like some pictures!!


1- me and Hermana Ribera grilling inside! :)


2- Me, Hermana Ribera and Hermana Barney outside by our no grilling sign...hence the indoor grill. :)


3- Me with the Failes family in H'Burg!



4- Me and Sis. Orawiec at 5 Guys!


5- the stray cat that follows us into our apartment sometimes.


6- Hermanas Barney, Ribera, Statford, Huddleston, and Abbott on Christmas Eve


7- Me and Sis. Orawiec being...not so dignified! :)


On a way awesome note, I finished the Book of Mormon this morning. I wanted to do it in a transfer, but I did it in a month! I was stoked! I love the Book of Mormon! I love how I feel when I read it! I know that Jesus is the Christ and that He loves me!!!

I love the mission! I love the people! There is nothing greater in the world than being a full time missionary...ok, maybe a rocket scientist....nahhh, this still tops it! I love it!!

Love,
Sister Abbott

No comments: