Tuesday, October 16, 2007

It's FREEZING!!!! And pretty.... 10/16/07

Hey all!!

Today will probably be a short one, we took a wrong turn on the way to the library... Well all is well in Harrisonburg! My comps are great! I love them more and more everyday!!! Our investigators are progressing! My door approaches are SLOWLY improving!

As promised: this weeks miracles:

10/9-- We watched a video on Temples with a less active couple. My testimony was strengthened about how the Temples truly bring us closer to God, and prepare us for eternity! I miss being able to attend the Temple!
10/10--We got to teach an achievement days activity. We did "a day in the life of a sister missionary". It was so much fun. The girls got a kick out of keeping track how often we pray. Apparently on a very slow day (only one appointment), we pray 22 times. Cool huh?
10-11--We went to institute tonight. It was great! That morning I had been studying Pres. Eyring's talk called "Rise to your Call" (thanks Jessie :))... And the lesson was on Mantles and how we can fill our responsibilities. The Spirit told me some things I need to work on. How great is that?!
10-12-- We were able to uncover some underlying concerns of one of our investigators. She is great and we are now able to move forward.
10-13--We had a lesson with NO distractions!!!! The Spirit was uninterrupted, and it was soooo powerful!
10-14-- One of our investigators who we didn't think could, came to church!
10-15--We had a FHE with an active family. We helped them set goals to how and who they would share the gospel with! It was amazing!!!!
10-16-- I was studying this morning and I was able to find the answers to some questions that one of our investigators was struggling with.

I know these don't sound like miracles, but I've been able to recognize that anything that happens with the help of the Lord is a miracle! How great is that?!

I love you all and will hopefully be able to write more next week!!

Love,Sister Abbott

No comments: