Well this week has been absolutely fabulous!!! Transfer calls came last night, and contrary to what we thought would happen, we are all staying in Harrisonburg! We are all really excited to get to spend Halloween and Thanksgiving together up here. It has been a relatively warm fall so far, and the locals keep telling us the color changing leaves are just beginning. I’m excited to get to stay for the whole season. I feel very mixed emotions though. All last week I felt as if I would be the one leaving. I’m not sure why, but I felt that the Spirit was preparing me for that. And then yesterday morning, I felt as if no matter what happened I would be ok. That made me feel even more that I was leaving and that the Spirit was just giving me a heads up. Little did I realize that I was just being prepared to be ok with all of us staying. Oh well, who knows why I felt that way. All I know is that I get to stay in H-Burg!!!!! Woo hoo!!!
Alright, on to this weeks miracles:
Wednesday 10-17—We did the Stop Smoking workshop with one of our investigators, Pat! She was very excited and is still going strong!
10-18—Today I got to meet the Area Director for CES here. He was very nice and it didn’t take long to find some connections. When Dad was looking at the Chapel Hill position, he would have replaced Bro. Clark. And then I mentioned that Dad had been interested in the NY position last spring. Did I tell you that the man who is in that job now is the uncle of my MTC comp? Strange coincidences! But it was good to have some good CES chats.Oh and I got the greatest package from Mom and Dad! My comps and I love our socks. We actually wore them this morning because it was pretty cold.
10-19—Happy 29th Anniversary Mom and Dad!!! Today’s miracle was that we went to contact a Media Refferal only to find out that she has been coming to church with her boyfriend. She said, “I guess I’m going to be part of your church soon.” We start teaching her this week. Plus I got my Jalloween package from Jessie!! Woot Woot!!!! My comps and I are excited to get started on that today! There is a pumpkin carving contest in one of the wards…I don’t think they’ll know what hit them!
10-20—I was in charge of planning today. President Millburn told us to fill our days with appointments, and tracting is supplementary. Well, I was so happy because we were going to back to back appointments all day long and didn’t have to tract at all!!!!! I don’t think that has ever happened or ever will happen again.
10-21—Tonight we taught Pat about the Plan of Salvation! And then at the end I asked her if she would follow the example of the Savior and be baptized. She wholeheartedly accepted and we set the date as Nov. 3!!!!!!!
10-22—Today’s miracle is that we all stayed and are going to stay in H-Burg!
I don't know if there is anything else to tell you all about. Oh, the leaves are so beautiful! We drove to West Virginia on Saturday and the views were amazing! What a grand place to be serving!! I love this work so much! There are definately days when I feel very overwhelmed and inadequate, but that is when I remember Pres. Eyring's talk... We are inadequate without the Lord's help. I have been reading Jesus the Christ lately and it is amazing! My testimony grows with every sentence that I read. It is coming slowly especially since I am working on the footnotes too. I usually get a page and a half a day or so. Right now I am working on the New Testament, Preach My Gospel, and Jesus the Christ. Between those and using a study journal, there isn't much time in the hour we get in the morning. This gospel is so amazing! I love it so much!! Woo hoo!!
Love,
Sister Abbott
No comments:
Post a Comment