What a wonderful week!!!!! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many miracles...
So last Tuesday, we went for a lesson with Paton Russell, a very cute little 9 year old that we started teaching right when I got here. She has been very apprehensive about baptism and we didn't know why... until last Tuesday. We were teaching the Plan of Salvation and we had flipped to 1 corr. 15, when I randomly had a thought about Sis. Moss. I tried to brush it away, but then the thought came... "what scripture did Sis. Moss use for the Kingdoms of Glory?" I went with it and instead flipped to Dand C 76:50-51. We started talking about how the first step to live with God forever is to make the commitment of baptism. She then said, "Sisters, if I get baptized, will you stop coming over?" That is why she wasn't getting baptized...because she thought we would stop teaching her?!?!?! So we set her for baptism and she is getting baptized next Tuesday night!!!!!!!! We are pretty excited!! God answers prayers and provides a way for us to baptize monthly!!!
Another miracle happened yesterday... we got a call from a woman who wants to come to church. We tracted her street and left a card in her door. She called us and is coming to a ward picnic on Friday! That was AWESOME!!!!!!!
Probably the other HUGE highlight from this week was Zone Conference!!! The Spirit was so strong and taught me so much. But I really loved getting to see Sis. Hummel, Moss, and Sowards! I miss them so much. It is so weird seeing old comps with their new comps. Man I love those sisters! I was able to give Sis. Moss her birthday gifts. I made her a totally awesome white planner cover with green on the inside that closes with magnets. It's pretty much my greatest masterpiece yet!
Well, I better run! I loveyou!!
Love,
Sister Abbott
Tuesday, June 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment