Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Transfers!!!!

Well....I'm STAYING!!!!!!!!!! Can I get a woot woot! How about a YEE HAW!!!!!! I'm sooooooooooooo excited! I get to be here for Cheri and Maddy's baptism on October 11!!!!!!! Oh, by the way, we taught Cheri about fasting and committed her to fast this past Sunday for a specific purpose. When we asked her what she would want to fast for she told us that she wanted to fast to be prepared to be baptized soon. That made us happy! So on Saturday night we went to her house to start our fast together. After sharing a brief thought, she said, "Sisters, I want to be baptized. And soon...not in a year or six months, but SOON!" Needless to say, we set a date with her. She is great! Anyway, I'll be here for that.

Sadly, my comp is leaving me. But not so sadly she is leaving me for ELIZABETH CITY, NC!!!!!!!!! Can you even believe it?! I can't! That's 2 transfers in a row where my comps leave me for my former areas...which wouldn't be so funny except for the fact that I have only served in two other areas!!!! She is uberly bummed, understandably so. There were her first baptisms coming up. I pray that she will feel successful. I'm grateful that she will be able to meet the people I talk about ALL the time.

I'm doing well! I'm excited to stay! I am pretty sure that that means I'll finish my mission here! I can't think of anything better! I love this area! And there are so many people that are in a teaching limbo right now that we just need to pin down and commit them to living the gospel. But then again there's that agency factor! Sometime's that bossy cow side creeps out...well it actually barges out, but you get what I'm saying. I'm excited to be here for Conference and for Halloween! And I am really excited to get to go back to the beach!!!!
Oh, and you are probably wondering...my new companion is Sister Phillips. I've met her a couple times. She is from Idaho. She came out with Sis. Ewing. She has been serving in Nags Head for the last 3 months. And she was trained by Sis. Sowards! I'm excited. From what I hear, she served a mission or two in Nauvoo! How rad is that!! Maybe she knows Elder Gardner :)!

I love you all and hope your week is going well!!!

Quote of the week: "If you could see the future it would leave no room for faith!"--Lisa Abbott! So when you want to have an assurance that all will be well...remember the Savior. Have faith that what He has promised us will come to pass!

Love,
Sister Abbott

No comments: