Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I'm thankful....

What a marvelous time to be a missionary!!! I'm so grateful to be serving here in the wonderful Salem ward! I finished another Study Journal yesterday and as I was reflecting back on the last 5 months. How blessed am I to have been able to serve a mission?! I have been so blessed to serve where I have been called! One of my favorite songs and one that has had a lot of significance to me personally is Hymn #270. In it, it talks about serving over mountain or plain or sea...I laughed because that is exactly what has happened on my mission! I started in the mountains of Harrisonburg, went to the plains of North Carolina, and now I am in the Sea of Virginia Beach. I love being a missionary! I love the VRM! I am grateful that the Lord has restored His church back to the earth so that I can enjoy these great blessings!

Last night, we set Nassin Day (Maddy Milanak's son) for baptism on December 27! It is going to be a white Christmas!!! I love this work! The Spirit was so strong! As Sis. Phillips taught about the Atonement, the Spirit just filled the room. And no matter what Satan wanted to throw at us, we knew that he needed to set a date! The whole Milanak family is really coming around. As we teach them now, all the kids come into the room. I love it!

In Relief Society on Sunday we had a lesson on Pres. Monson's talk from Conference. They asked us to use only 25 words to write and tell our family what we wanted them to know if we didn't know if we would see them again. I wanted to share with you my response:

REMEMBER what matters: Christ lives, Prayer brings strength, Follow Spirit, God cares, follow Spirit, Family, Say I love you, Listening, read scriptures, COVENANTS, value education!

I do love you all!!! We are spending Thanksgiving with the Schoppaul's, the Arney's and the Saldivars!!! I'm excited!

Love,
Sister Abbott

1 comment:

Merkley Jiating said...

Love Katie. So much. Thanks for posting these!